At Jolesfield we are passionate about sport and a healthy lifestyle. We want all our children to experience a variety of sports and activities. To have the opportunity to participate in competitive sport and above all have fun.
- Check this page regularly for information on up-and-coming events, clubs and other extra-curricular activities.
School Games Silver Award!
We are pleased to announce that our school have been awarded the Silver mark for sport, as issued by the School Games, part of the Youth Sport Trust. This demonstrates our commitment to sport and fitness especially competition and inclusion. There are 3 awards available, bronze, silver and gold. To qualify for an award schools must provide evidence to show that our sporting provision reaches particular standards in a number of key areas For example:
- A calendar of events to show competition and inclusion at both intra and inter school level (level 1 and level 2).
- A high percentage of children attending after school clubs.
- A commitment to high quality PE.
- Children included in delivery of sporting events.
- Children's voice in the shaping of PE and extra curricular activity.
- Professional development for staff.
- Contacts with local clubs.
Jolesfield will continue to develop and consolidate our commitment to sports. We are incredibly proud of our achievement.