In April 2013, the Government announced new funding, The Primary PE & School Sport Premium, of £150million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding has been allocated to all primary schools from 1st September 2013 and is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision.
At Jolesfield this year we have been allocated £8711. We have decided to spend this money to promote the following objectives for the academic year 2016/17:
- Improve PE teaching skills of teaching staff
- Invest in ways to assess progress of pupils
- Ensure all children feel valued and can achieve in PE inc. clubs
- To increase opportunities for competitive play
- Develop play leaders
- Invest in high quality equipment to offer more opportunities for the children
For the academic year 2016/17 we will be investing in new gymnastics equipment for the hall and promoting gymnastics though coaching, clubs and competitions. As well as continuing the work we have already invested in.
You can view how we have spent the money and the impact it has had over the last few year by clicking on the documents below:
- Primary Sports Premium Report 2013/14
- Primary Sports Premium Report 2014/15
- Primary Sports Premium Report 2015/16
You can also find out more about sport at Jolesfield by viewing our upcoming fixtures and match reports on the calendar on the front page. More information is also available on the Jolesfield Sports page.